6.30.2004

Isolation

Wow... what a great Link Group tonight. We have such an amazing group of people that come each week. I continue to be astounded with the Body of Christ.

And yeah... even though I was a part of facilitating tonight with Dave R., I dunno... it just felt like God was speaking directly to me. I wished I could have spilled my guts with everyone tonight, but I've been told I speak too much in LG, lol. My heart was breaking. Literally. Tonight got me back to when I was like 9 years old and my parents were fighting over me in a huge and nasty custody battle. Man... was I alone. I moved at least twice each year, so I was never really able to build lasting friendships. My mom wanted me to side with her. My dad wanted me to side with him. My grandparents wished for me to go with their corresponding kid, either my mom or my dad. I had literally NO ONE to talk to... that is, except for God. Wow, tonight the tears came as I remembered how Jesus was there for me when no one else was. What a great reminder! Man, I just wanted to spill my guts and weep because I was reminded of my worst case of isolation and God's goodness towards me in spite of it all.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Thanks, Dave R.