4.07.2005

Everyone's a Critic

Stealing this title from Alicia Farrell's blog. Seems as though her small group focused on fasting from criticism for 2 days. She mentioned how doing this made her realize how much she was critical of others in nearly everything. I imagine I would have the same experience. It's so easy to cast stones. It's easy to condemn. It's easy to compare and say, "I'd never do that" or "I'd never say that," etc. Yet, when truth is revealed, we are all found wanting.

Matthew 7.2: "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Props to Alicia and that small group for such a great idea. Anyone wanna fast with me?

1 comment:

Mark said...

Kinda puts a new twist on "starving to death." In this case, starving to death the parts of us that need to die is a good thing.

Fasting from criticism, huh? If that means we have to stop criticizing ourselves, that would be a talk order indeed.