8.29.2004

Church on the Move

Church on the Move is the church that we visited this morning while visiting my mom in Allentown, PA. It was a good service. I was struck by the presence of a beautiful mixture of all races and all ages. There was a buzz, an excitement, one I have felt before... mainly around Horizon in Owings Mills when our numbers were in the 270s. There was such an excitement and just a sense that God was up to something great. I love that. The auditorium was huge, seating probably 1200 people. There was a large stage with a full band and two large screens to the left and the right of the stage. I laughed out loud when I saw a countdown on the screens (something I brought to Horizon from the Mix years ago... thanks to the idea of my friend Darrell Lindsay). Wow. The worship was electric. They brought in a choir... it was like being with Kirk Franklin. Good stuff. They lost me, though, with 20 minutes of announcements. :( What was that? Before the sermon? Yikes... That stinks. The speaker was not the pastor; the pastor was on sabbatical. I think he was the youth guy. He did a solid job and afterward we celebrated the Lord's Supper. Always good to see what other churches are doing.

No comments: