7.10.2003

Saw a short clip from the Actor's Studio tonight with Will Smith. One of the student actors mentioned a professor there at their school said that people become actors because they have something to say. For Will Smith, he said it was the drive to be the best he could be -- to do what others said could not be done. That's what he had to say.

I was kind of disappointed with Will's response, hoping for more. I think on the spur of the moment that was simply what came to him.

What struck me most was the statement from the professor... We act because we have something to say.

What about Christians? Or, more specifically, what about me? What do I have to say?


Part of this journey with Christ is learning the story of what God wants to say through our lives. This is a truth that has been growing in me for some time now. When I look back @ my life, I see a lot of turmoil. As one friend said, "I get tired just hearing your story." Gee... I guess I should write a book! :) Yet God has pulled off what he does best in my life: miracles and new birth. My story is one of reconciliation and redemption, the same story of every seeker of Christ. The plot is the same; I'm just a different face.

No comments: