7.19.2003

Recent conversations with an anti-Christian on the Moby.com boards... The thread began with people of various faiths showing pictures of their places of worship. I posted Horizon's two theaters... Then, the fun began. Here is a man that does not believe in community, God, or anything...

Sadistfaction: like any of you give a s*** about each others post in this thread, this is just f***ing masterbation.
__________

DCCowan: Actually, we do... it's called community... you ought to try it sometime.
__________

Sadistfaction: o f*** your self DCCamden. dont f***ing talk to me unless you want to learn something. you wont debate me because you cant can you? i know that i get to you. so just turn the other cheek so i can smash that one too. f***ing loser.
__________

DCCowan: Well, well... are you by chance related to KillJesus or TheSpacePope? I would gladly rumble with you anytime... Maybe it's the other way around for you... I don't think you and I have ever squared off on these boards. Why is that? You are no different than any other atheism-fundamentalist here on the board. Go ahead, bash my other cheek in. I suppose that will prove your point. And so eloquently so, I might add. If you want to rumble and prove me to be a liar... I am up for the challenge.

Just remember, in this arena, you can't use fists. Public opinion and reason win battles here. If this is how you debate then you have already lost. Ah, but I'm the f***ing loser, right?
__________

Sadistfaction: In reply to: "You are no different than any other atheism-fundamentalist here on the board."

i think you will find that i am far more than just this.

In reply to: "Public opinion and reason win battles here."

you and all your xian drones couldnt shut me down if your lives depended on it. And this reference to "public opinion"?
i find it hilarious and disheartening that someone who preaches the concept of "faith" (a concern with ones personal salvation, ultimately a selfish concept) would attach value to what "other people" think as if it were relevent. hah hah.
how is that for eloquence.

that particular statement of yours makes wonder if you even have a clear idea of what faith is.
__________

DCCowan: In reply to: "you and all your xian drones couldnt shut me down if your lives depended on it."

My life does not depend on it. Why would I want to "shut you down?" Your point is???

In reply to: "And this reference to 'public opinion'?
i find it hilarious and disheartening that someone who preaches the concept of 'faith' (a concern with ones personal salvation, ultimately a selfish concept) would attach value to what 'other people' think as if it were relevent. hah hah."

I find it disheartening that you define "faith" so narrowly. Faith is not only personal, it is cooperate. That's why people of "like faith" come together for temple, mosque, or church. It's called community. Like I said, you might want to try it sometime.

And of course, I take value in what other people think. Why are you on the message board? Honestly? If you have no intention of dialogue or discussion, why come here?

In reply to: "how is that for eloquence."

It sucks.

In reply to: "that particular statement of yours makes wonder if you even have a clear idea of what faith is."

Yeah... actually, I do. Your comments make me wonder if you have a clear idea what faith is.
__________

Sadistfaction: In reply to: "My life does not depend on it. Why would I want to 'shut you down?' Your point is???

my point is that your belief must be based on something that adds up, you must be able to rationalize what you believe in if not to me than to what ever other oppposition you might come across, after all if it doesnt work for you what good is it doing? i am not like the others, just because you dont shake my foundations doesnt mean i wont try to yours...i dont play the tit-for-tat-acceptance of beliefs game, or accept another lies so long as the will mine. in reply to your staement: your spirituality depends on it, i thought you had dedicated your life to this?

i have noted a few things about you, that you make references like "none of us are perfect" and we "all make mistakes" and such, this attitude of accepting other people and your own limitations in any type of philosophical or religious scenery will lead to disaster, how can you grow? jesus was not a democrat, if you knew anything about being clever, you would realize that it is just not possible to be smart and believe in "community" and "society" and such things. the second thing is you never try to debate me, i see that you are a little smarter than everyone else in here, i have tried a few times and you have ignored me,but this is the strange part: i am certainly not scared and i am the one without "faith", or a diety to rely on, but you have these things yet still do not confront me, which makes me wonder if you are either cowaring away, or perhaps see me as not worth your time, either way you dont come off as much of a christian. or is it back to the acceptance thing? where you ignore such logic in the guise of altruistic acceptance, the mutual dishonesty? where it is okay to not be good enough??

but...what can one do when one lives in a shoe? i suppose if i believed with all my heart an soul in swisscheese, i would get a little evasive if someone was attempting to poke more holes in it.


My narrow definition of faith is short clear and basically to the point though the use of the heavily loaded word "selfish" was not optimal, i am sure you can use your brain to see what i am getting at.

i am here to find someone, and to wake you up,

hurry! hurry! that nobdy guy and other christians are looking! think of something quick! your beliefs, but more importantly your reputation is on the line!
__________

DCCowan: In reply to: "my point is that your belief must be based on something that adds up, you must be able to rationalize what you believe in if not to me than to what ever other oppposition you might come across, after all if it doesnt work for you what good is it doing?"

My faith does work for me... both my personal faith and my community of faith.

In reply to: 'i am not like the others, just because you dont shake my foundations doesnt mean i wont try to yours..."

You are trying to shake my foundations? What, by saying I am "f***ing loser?" Shiver me timbers...

In reply to: "i dont play the tit-for-tat-acceptance of beliefs game, or accept another lies so long as the will mine."

wha?

In reply to: "in reply to your staement: your spirituality depends on it, i thought you had dedicated your life to this?"

I did, have, and will. But my answer to you had to do with a quote of yours, something to the effect of: "you and all your xian drones couldnt shut me down if your lives depended on it." I guess your posts morph and change at will...

In reply to: "i have noted a few things about you, that you make references like 'none of us are perfect' and we 'all make mistakes' and such, this attitude of accepting other people and your own limitations in any type of philosophical or religious scenery will lead to disaster, how can you grow?"

That's reality, dude. Do YOU know anyone perfect? I do not. If this "disaster" is the result of reality, what does that say about your line of reasoning?

In reply to: "jesus was not a democrat, if you knew anything about being clever, you would realize that it is just not possible to be smart and believe in 'community' and 'society' and such things."

Wow. So, you don't believe countries, societies, or like-minded groups of people can exist? And that makes you smart? ???

In reply to: "the second thing is you never try to debate me"

I do not recall one time you directly challenged me until now... And here I am, debating you.

In reply to: "i have tried a few times and you have ignored me"

I genuinely do not recall a time you tried... if you did, I honestly have forgotten the instance. But, rest assured, I am here right now...

In reply to: "but this is the strange part: i am certainly not scared and i am the one without 'faith', or a diety to rely on, but you these things still do not confront me, which makes me wonderif you are either cowaring away, or perhaps see me as not worth your time, either way you dont come off as much of a christian."

As I said, I am here now. I am curious as to what you would consider "Christian-like." I have always stood by my faith, even with the likes of your predecesors. I have not compromised them to "fit in." I express my faith at all times.

In reply to: "or is it back to the acceptance thing? where you ignore such logic in the guise of altruistic acceptance, the mutual dishonesty? where it is okay to not be good enough??"

Obviously I am not accepted by you, and I am not "good enough" for you... and I can live with that.

In reply to: "but...what can one do when one lives in a shoe? i suppose if i believed with all my heart an soul in swisscheese, i would get a little evasive if someone was attempting to poke more holes in it."

Once again... no evasiveness here. Bring it on...

In reply to: "My narrow definition of faith is short clear and basically to the point though the use of the heavily loaded word 'selfish' was not optimal, i am sure you can use your brain to see what i am getting at.

yep... got it.

In reply to: "i am here to find someone, and to wake you up"

Wake me up? Wake me up to what? That I am a "f***ing loser?" Do you suddenly care or have alturistic motives?

In reply to: "hurry! hurry! that nobdy guy and other christians are looking! think of something quick! your beliefs, but more importantly your reputation is on the line!"

*yawn* hum... getting sleepy.

No comments: