4.09.2006

Weddings

Well, earlier tonight many of us witnessed the wedding of Mark and Missy here in Houston, Texas. What a wonderful wedding! Everything was, quite literally, perfect. It was a bit surreal finding Horizonites here in Texas, but I think we all fit in pretty well... perhaps minus the two-stepping country music (or was that just me? lol). The weather was unnaturally arid, and beauty surrounded the Parador in the full bloom of spring. Wonderful.

On top of this, I found myself on the top of Mt. Hood, Oregon - literally two weeks ago today performing another wedding (though in Mark and Missy's, I simply read Scripture). That, too, was a fantastic wedding of another kind - this time in a winter wonderland. All of us stayed in the Timberline Lodge on the side of Mt. Hood and then traveled a couple of thousand feet higher by snowcats to reach the Silcox Hut where the wedding took place. This, of course, was quite a sharp contrast from the spring wedding here in Texas.

Still, as both weddings differed in look and feel, there is one common thread through each: JOYOUS CELEBRATION. Each couple just brimmed with excitement and joy; each couple allowing friends and families to experience their own unique version of their dreamed wedding celebration. While one met in the warmth of the south, the other met in the cold of the north. While one played music from irish pipes and fiddles, the other pumped out traditional wedding tunes, and later... a splash of Usher and 50cent. :)

One thing that I take away from all of this is the fact that I have forgotten to celebrate. I need to do that more often. Kimme and I need to do that more often. My friend, I can only guess that YOU need to do that more often as well.

"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice!" -- The Apostle Paul, in Philippians 4.4.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Very true about us all having to celebrate more often. I think we are in such a hustle bustle mode all the time it completely slips our mind to actually enjoy that moment of peace, or calmness, or in itself the busy-ness we all take in each and every day. I think we take so much forgranted that we look at it as "eh it's just another day" instead of celebrating that day for the simple facts: that were alive, that we have people that love us and care for us, that we have free-will. I wonder how many moods would be changed if we took each moment that we weren't feeling so hot to celebrate what we do have. What we can do. I think if we did that, the moment we don't feel so hot wouldn't really matter anymore.

Nice Blog by the way ;).