10.12.2005

MultiCongregational - ONE Church

Ever had a dream hit you square between the eyes? One that you just can't shake off or dismiss? I have... and it's this dream: to be a part of a one church that is made up of many congregations all over the world... a church in which every congregation shares a common vision... common values... the same Lord, and yet is indigenous to it's surrounding community. A church that shares all of it's resources, one in which the good of the whole outweighs the wants of the one... that every congregation is in this church, together... on mission together...

I can see Horizon churches in England, in Africa, in California, in New York, in Seattle, in Miami.... all sharing resources together, sharing the same message, working together in the same missional focus.

I can see people from each location encouraging one another about the stories of what God has been doing all over the world, each sending out missionaries to help the other, and each carrying each other's burdens in prayer and action.

Crazy? Maybe... But I can't shake it that this is what I am here on earth to do and be a part of.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I just love spamming about cholesterol in blogs... lol

Mary said...

Not Crazy...

Possible, especially with God.

It would be Rad to see Horizon growing not just out of state but in different countries that would be a phenominal expierence in my opinion.

AK said...

Dave

I think that it's wonderful to dream this way. I can see it too.

Dave said...

Dreaming still...